Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

April's Top 13

My sweet lovely April, where did you go so quickly? It seemed as if I turned around and you were gone. And I am only left with a bunch of picture-snippets to remember you by...

Here are the top 13 memories of the month (or at least the ones I haven't posted about yet ;)...

#13--Seeing Easton skyrocket as a reader. He has become a brilliant reader this year (not to mention mathematician and I love to hear him read the Book of Mormon each night!) Here is one of his favorite library books he checked out last week:

#12--My boys' fort.  I still can't believe how inventive they are and how many different designs they've created in a bunch of different locations. I still marvel that they are able to even MAKE one--I tried and tried and never could when I was little. I guess it's the difference between boys and girls:


#11--Easton's darling "story" he wrote in school:


 #10--Decorating Easton's teacher's door for teacher appreciation:



#9--Watching "Frozen" with my darling Beehives:

#8--Watching Maylie dance in her beautiful dress on Easter:




#7--Playing play-doh with Tate and Maylie one morning:


#6--My perfect belated birthday dinner at El Parral with my very best friends in the whole wide world:




#5--Hiding the children's Easter baskets and watching them find and explore them:



#4--Listening to Tate make up a whole story/play/skit about "Mr. Squash" as I prepared to make Portuguese Squash soup for dinner.  And then when I cut "him" open, we all laughed hysterically to find Mr. Squash's face:

#3--Creating an Ordinance Preparation Action Plan for each member of my family after re-listening to Bishop Gary E. Stevenson's conference talk. His words have given me anew family focus:

 #2--All of Maylie's new bows I've created...I've only made three so far, but I have over a hundred flowers so I'm so excited to keep adding new bows to her collection!


P.S. I attached the dress flowers too!


#1--This hilarious, sweet little airplane came flying into my room and landed on the floor right next to our bed where I had just laid down after tucking in the children.


 (No, we didn't let him stay home even though I really really wanted to, but yes I did write him back and soared the airplane back into his room. But in the darkness, he couldn't see my writing and didn't think I had written him back. :( Poor thing!!)

************
Now it's May. Yay!!!!! I'm so ready for summer vacation--it couldn't come fast enough!!! I'm feeling quite trunky with school right now and wish my little boy was home for good.  But I have to keep reminding myself--only 18 more days!! (who's counting? ;)

We have so many summer plans and I'm just itching to get started. June seems an eternity away! Summer please hurry!!!!!

No comments: