Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Adventures.

These last few days have been Spring at its best! And our afternoon ritual has been to run to the great outdoors for bike-riding, chalk-coloring, and field exploring.

The boys took me all through the empty fields and showed me all their secret places--alligator's river, bridge, special paths, pool, hideout, Mt. Syria...it was amazing! I never knew how many alcoves and nooks and crannies the land around us holds.

Yesterday Maylie was riding her trek around and singing all these beautiful nonsense songs...and I instantly had a flashback--that is exactly what I used to do at her age--I have video to prove it! And I really should have taken a video of my Maylie singing...but I'm sure she will do it again...summer hasn't even begun!

We also did some lovely chalk art the other day. We all love being outside so much. Maylie cries and cries every time we have to go in (and usually runs away from me as she's doing so.) It breaks my heart!!


The last few days have also brought some fun imaginative play for Tate and Maylie. We have been acting out our favorite stories--The Three Bears, The Three Little Pigs, The Gingerbread Man, and Little Red Riding Hood.  We've done some of them twice. It's been our little morning routine for the past few days...

Our Props:
The porridge bowls and spoons

The chairs

The beds

And what happened to Baby Bear's chair. :)
Have a fabulous Thursday--one more day until the weekend!!! :) Yay!

1 comment:

k said...

Poor Baby Bear! :) That brings back so many happy memories! :)